The pill version of semaglutide was shown to be effective for weight loss. A new study finds people taking oral semaglutide, the active ingredient in those medications, had significantly greater weight loss over a nearly 16-month span compared to those taking a placebo pill. Rybelsus is the pill version of semaglutide - the active ingredient that helps patients lose weight - and is already approved for those with Type 2 diabetes. Read more
- Bachelor’s degree from Arizona State University in Family Resources and Human Development.
- Master’s degree in Counseling Psychology with a post-graduate degree in Marriage, Family and Addictions Therapy from Ottawa University.
- I earned my stripes by working many years in the field of public health — including Planned Parenthood who gave me my first job in the field at 19 years old. and I am the current Vice President of Lambda Aloha and a past president of Malama Pono Health Services. I believe in serving my community and I have a profound sense of social equality/justice.
- Member of the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists(AAMFT) and Hawaii Association for Marriage and Family Therapists (HIMFT).
- Adjunct professor at Akamai University.